Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has made it clear the Bundesliga champions aim to use their option to sign Kingsley Coman on a permanent basis.
The France international, 20, joined Bayern from Juventus on a two-year loan deal back last year for an initial fee of €7million and impressed in his first season at the Allianz Arena.
Bayern have an option to sign Coman permanently for an additional €21m and Rummenigge has made it clear they plan to do just that.
There is a huge probability that we will exercise our option to buy Kingsley, the Bayern chief told TZ.
Coman regularly featured in 2015-16 due to Arjen Robben s injury problems, with the Dutchman missing the decisive stages of last season.
Bayern were beaten by Atletico Madrid …
Torino President Urbano Cairo believes Walter Novellino can be a success at the club in his second spell at the Granata bench.
Novellino was sacked in April 2008 but has remained under contract with Torino.
“Novellino is a Coach who has always given his all for the club,†Cairo stated in the Corriere dello Sport.
“He is the right man for the job here at Torino and so he deserves a second chance.
“He has proven in the past that he is a quality tactician and he knows how to do well.
“Novellino had his problems last year, but to be fair he had a team that perhaps wasn t suited to his 4-4-2 formation.
“I m disappointed to see De Biasi leave. But with 15 m…
England international striker Jermain Defoe is set to leave Portsmouth and rejoin Harry Redknapp at Tottenham, the London club said on Tuesday.
A fee has been agreed on what is thought to be a five-year contract and the 26-year-old Defoe only needs to clear a medical to clinch the deal.
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie had been in talks over the weekend to negotiate a transfer fee in the region of 15million pounds (16million euros).
Personal terms have been agreed and the striker will undergo a medical, a statement from Spurs said.
Tottenham boss Redknapp bought Defoe for Pompey in the 2008 January window and his return had been suggested since the change of manager at White Hart Lane two months ago.
He…
Adrien Rabiot has revealed he is in talks with Juventus over a possible move away from Paris Saint-Germain, with Manchester United also in the hunt for his signature.
The France midfielder has been frozen out at PSG since mid-December after failing to agree a new contract with the Ligue 1 champions, with his deal expiring this month.
A host of clubs are thought to be interested in securing his services but Juve – who are primed to hire Maurizio Sarri as their next head coach – appear to have stolen a march on their rivals.
Yes, Juventus have been looking for me. We are talking, he said while on holiday in Italy in quotes reported by Corriere dello Sport.
We are considering, we cannot say anything. I do not know. Juventus are a great club …
Kevin De Bruyne s barnstorming performance for Manchester City in Sunday s 3-0 win over Arsenal unsurprisingly secures him the starring role in FIFA Ultimate Team s latest Team of the Week.
De Bruyne produced a masterclass at Emirates Stadium, scoring twice and creating another for Raheem Sterling.
The Belgian s driving runs from midfield were a constant feature, while each of his goals were truly quality efforts. He almost got a third, too, only for a wonderful save to help another thunderous strike onto the post.
De Bruyne is the star man in an impressive attacking unit in this week s FIFA 20 squad, with Liverpool s Mohamed Salah leading the line after netting a brace in the Reds 2-0 victory over Watford.
Salah is joined in attack by Borussia Dortmun…
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says it will be special to return to Barcelona in the Champions League but more normal than it was going back with Bayern Munich in April 2015.
Guardiola s Bayern lost 3-0 two seasons ago in their semi-final, first leg as the Germans were overcome by the brilliance of Lionel Messi, the Argentinian s two goals overshadowing the return of a man who led Barca to unprecedented success during his four years in charge at Camp Nou.
He will go back once more on October 19 after City and Luis Enrique s men were drawn alongside each other in Group C.
Guardiola said: I cannot deny it’s something special for me to return to Barcelona I grew up there. Most of my life I spent there.
I know the people, the club, the media, most…
Tottenham have completed the signing of Marseille winger Georges-Kevin N Koudou.
N Koudou is reported to have caught Spurs eye when scouting new Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi and the France Under-21 international pens a five-year deal at White Hart Lane.
The 21-year-old only moved to the Stade Velodrome from Nantes in 2015 and scored five goals in 28 Ligue 1 appearances during his solitary season at Marseille.
N Koudou is only the third new arrival at White Hart Lane during the transfer window, the Frenchman joining Vincent Janssen and Victor Wanyama in joining Mauricio Pochettino s squad.
And the winger is relishing the chance to strut his stuff in the Premier League, a division he believes will suit his style of play.
I can t wait to get to k…
QPR boss Harry Redknapp has questioned the club s heavy fine for falling foul of the Football League s Financial Fair Play rules.
The Loftus Road outfit – now in the Premier League – will be slapped with a fine that could go up to £50million for breaching financial regulations.
QPR owner Tony Fernandes has promised to fight any fine from the Football League despite the club racking up huge losses of over £65m during the 2012-13 season.
Last season s figures are yet to be released but given the club played in the Championship, they are not expected to be kind on QPR.
Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey warned this week that QPR could be thrown out of professional football if they are ever relegated and refuse to pay the fine.
The Foo…
Kjaer to join Fenerbahce
Turkish media outlet that Fenerbahce are on the verge of recruiting Danish defender Simon Kjaer from Lille.
The Danish centre-back was looking to leave les Dogues for greener pastures and he has been linked with quite a few top sides.
However, it appears that Fenerbahce have won the chase for his signature, with Kjaer arriving in Istanbul after playing for Denmark in a Euro 2016 qualifier against Serbia.
The Turkish giants will pay around €10 million for the 26-year-old footballer, who is about to sign a lucrative deal at Sukru Saracoglu.
Kjaer spent last two years at Lille, making 65 Ligue 1 appearances and scoring one goal in the process.
After coming through the youth ranks at Midtjylland, the centre-back al…
Lazio midfielder Stefano Mauri is confident of being clearing of match-fixing charges.
The Italian is under investigation by the Italian Football Federation for alleged sporting fraud relating to two matches against Genoa and Lecce at the end of the 2011 Serie A season.
But the 33-year-old has insisted that he did not break any regulations.
I ll see what happens in the process, but I am calm, he said at a press conference at the club s training ground.
I know how things went, I know I never went beyond the rules.
Lazio and the player s agent have both lent their backing to Mauri.
The former Udinese player is hoping to be involved in Lazio s Italian Super Cup final against Juventus on August 18.
…